Comprehensive car insurance provides comprehensive coverage that covers both third-party and own damage. You can also add on a few additional covers to increase your coverage. This policy is recommended even though it comes with the highest price tag due to its comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive car insurance provides coverage for both the damage and loss suffered by the injured party in an accident/mishap. Comprehensive insurance covers the vehicle/car insured as well as third-party liabilities. This plan provides all-inclusive insurance coverage.
A number of add-on coverages, such as zero-depreciation cover and NCB cover, can be added to a comprehensive policy. A comprehensive car insurance policy, unlike a third-party-only policy, is not required by law. However, it is recommended.
What are the Features of Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Policy?
These are the key features of comprehensive car insurance policies.
- This policy provides third-party liability coverage for accidents caused by the policyholder/driver/insured car.
- Comprehensive car insurance policies provide compensation for damages to the vehicle.
- Comprehensive car insurance policies include personal accident coverage for policyholders/drivers.
- This policy provides coverage for third-party liabilities and eliminates the requirement to buy a separate third-party insurance policy to insure the vehicle.
- Comprehensive car insurance policies can include a variety of add-on coverages. To enhance your comprehensive car insurance policy coverage, you can choose to add on.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Claim Procedure
These are the steps you should follow in order to file a claim against your comprehensive car insurance policy.
Step 1 – Register Your Claim: Log in to the official website of the insurance company with the username and password that you used when purchasing the policy.
Step 2 Fill out the Form and Submit Documents. Include supporting documents with the claim notification. Upload the completed form and supporting documents to the website.
Step 3 Digital Survey or Self Survey: You have the option to opt for self-inspection, where you can upload images and inspect the vehicle for any damage. A digital survey can be arranged by either the surveyor or a partner in the workshop.
Step 4 – Track Your Claim: Once you have informed your insurance provider and filled out the survey, the documents, and submitted them, you will be able to track the status of your claim on the website.
Who should buy comprehensive car insurance?
If you are unsure if comprehensive car insurance is right for you, here is a list of people you should consider buying comprehensive car insurance.
1. A new car owner: Buying a car is like making a large investment. Comprehensive car insurance policies provide coverage for both your own damage and third-party liabilities. This policy will ensure that your car is fully insured.
2. Fancy car owners: These cars can be a large investment and are more likely to be stolen or broken into than regular cars. To protect your expensive possession from theft and damages, a person who owns a BMW/Mercedes must have comprehensive car insurance.
3. Road Tripper: If your passion is to travel, you should have comprehensive car insurance to protect your vehicle from any unexpected circumstances. You can also add roadside assistance to your policy.
4. Metropolitan City resident: To protect your car against the risks of traffic accidents, pollution, and other hazards, you might consider buying comprehensive car insurance.
5. Overprotective Car Owner
Why should you upgrade to comprehensive car insurance?
A lot of people make the error of buying third-party car insurance policies because they are cheap and required. They don’t realize that third-party car insurance policies do not cover the cost of repairs for small accidents or damage to the vehicle. Although comprehensive insurance policies are more costly than third-party insurance, they provide greater coverage. Here are some reasons why comprehensive car insurance policies should be considered.
1. Value for money
Comprehensive coverages are more cost-effective than third-party plans when it comes to cost. Although a comprehensive policy may seem more expensive than third-party insurance at first glance, when you consider the amount of damage they cover, the latter is the best value for money.
2. You can cover your car in a variety of situations
A comprehensive insurance policy, unlike third-party car insurance, covers your car as well as third-party liabilities. This policy covers everything, from theft, accident, fire, and natural calamities to liability towards third parties.
3. Increased coverage
Third-party car insurance provides a limited amount of coverage, while comprehensive car insurance offers extensive coverage that can be further extended by adding on covers. You can add as many as you like by paying a little more for your premium.
Is Comprehensive Car Coverage Full Coverage?
Comprehensive car insurance policies can offer maximum coverage for your vehicle. You can customize the policy by adding an appropriate add-on. Comprehensive coverage covers car damage due to accidents, theft, losses to third parties, damage to a car due to natural damage, personal injuries, death caused by an accident, and damages caused by a fire. Comprehensive coverage includes full coverage.
Is it worth getting fully comprehensive car insurance?
Comprehensive car insurance policies can be a blessing to car owners. They provide financial assistance for repair or replacement costs of your car in the event of an accident or damage. Comprehensive car insurance policies are cost-effective, provide coverage for your car, and cover you legally because it covers third-party damage. A comprehensive policy on car insurance is a good investment.